Your body is made of the same elements that lionesses are built from. Three quarters of you is the same kind of water that beats rocks to rubble, wears stones away. Your DNA translates into the same twenty amino acids that wolf genes code for. When you look in the mirror and feel weak, remember, the air you breathe in fuels forest fires capable of destroying everything they touch. On the days you feel ugly, remember: diamonds are only carbon. You are so much more.
take your time.
you are coming
the becoming | wing, nayyirah waheed (via stellablu)
"No matter how you feel. Get up. Dress up. Show up. And never give up."
I’ve been doing a lot of self pitying lately. I’ve been wanting someone to feel sorry for me and to tell me, “Yes Tia, you are pretty. You are worthy. Someone wants you.” This should not be the case. I’m upset I even feel this way. I was raised to love myself and say “fuck you” to anyone that doesn’t. I’ve had this realization within the past 5 minutes that I can no longer pity myself. I am responsible for taking action and becoming the person I want to be. If I don’t like the way I dress, I am responsible for changing what I choose to buy. If I’m not satisfied with my weight, it’s my responsibility to take my ass to the gym and stop eating Poptarts at 2 am. If I don’t like my hair, I am responsible for doing some fucking research and figuring out to do it myself. I am tired of wallowing in pity and I’m tired of not doing anything about it. I’m tired of talking about not doing it because it happens all the fucking time. I’m not making this a New Years resolution or anything but I do plan on making a self-map for myself on how I’m going to achieve all these personal goals I have for myself.
On a side note, I wish I didn’t have $3.08 in my account right now so I could by myself a blunt. Another goal, stack that paper ;]
I just want time to stop long enough for me to get my shit together.
I’m not happy. And that makes me angry. I deserve happiness. I deserve to wake up happy and live vicariously through my happiness. I will do everything in my power to create positive energy in my atmosphere and to be happy.
"Say it before you run out of time. Say it before it’s too late. Say what you’re feeling. Waiting is a mistake."
Unknown (via dumbwhitegirl)
"Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it."
- 1. What is your middle name?
- 2. Are you wearing makeup?
- 3. What colour is your toothbrush?
- 4. Approximately how many posters are hung up in your room?
- 5. What does your hair product smell like?
- 6. Where would rather be right now?
- 7. What is the temperature outside?
- 8. Have you ever dyed your hair? If so what colour?
- 9. What is the funniest word you know?
- 10. Name your favourite band starting with the letter 'M'
- 11. What is your favourite pick up line? And has anyone ever used it on you?
- 12. Describe your first icon using only verbs
- 13. What is the most expensive thing you have ever bought with your own money?
- 14. State your favourite letter of the alphabet
- 15. What is your favourite accent?
- 16. How did you celebrate the new year?
- 17. What do you call a brown fizzy drink that usually comes in a can?
- 18. Do you like fish?
- 19. What is your most used tag?
- 20. Would you rather ask someone out or be asked out?
- 21. What is your favourite Olympic sport to watch?
- 22. Have you ever dumped anyone?
- 23. What do you want to be when you grow up?
- 24. Have you ever been to the United States? If so, where?
- 25. What instrument have you always wanted to play?
- 26. Describe your dream partner's eye colour
- 27. What do you order at diners?
- 28. Coffee or espressos?
- 29. What is the most annoying song on the radio at the moment?
- 30. How many contacts do you have on your phone?
- 31. What type of music player do you own?
- 32. Describe your favourite painting
- 33. What was the best present you have ever received?
- 34. Spring or Fall? Why?
- 35. What was the last text you received? Who was it from?
- 36. Would you ever paint your room pink?
- 37. What colour is your underwear?
- 38. Favourite perfume scent?
- 39. What celebrity do you think needs to drop off a cliff?
- 40. Do blue eyes turn you on?
- 41. What meat do you prefer in a sandwich?
- 42. Would you ever wear a sweater to school?
- 43. What is the name of your current ringtone?
- 44. Glasses or contacts?
- 45. What shoes do you normally wear to school?
- 46. Where is your nearest television?
- 47. What is your favourite vegetable?
- 48. When was the last time you drank milk?
- 49. What was your lowest grade in school?
- 50. Are you using Google chrome?